Saturday, April 2, 2011

13 Miles!

I walked 13 miles today!  I walked with a pack holding about 3/4 of the weight I will carry on El Camino. 

Since I will need to average 12-13 miles this was a significant milestone in my training.  I was ridiculously anxious--the furthest I had previously walked was 8.6 miles.  What would 13 miles feel like?  What would I feel like?  I was pretty sure I could make it, but I still felt anxious.

But I MADE IT!  Not too speedy--4 hours and 30 minutes, including breaks. My feet ache (but no blisters!), my legs ache,  and since I burned 2400 calories, I'm famished. But I MADE IT!
If I weren't so tired I would do a Rocky fist pump.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Respect girl!! Since I'm thinking of heading into Philly today I'll do a fist pump in you honor, on those very steps!! Buen Camino, Karin

    ReplyDelete